In this post, we have compared the two most amazing Backup plugins for WordPress- BlogVault vs UpdraftPlus.
Everyone looking for quick and automatic solutions for the backup and restore in Wordpress.
Someone looking for 1-click automatic backups and restore with database backups into the cloud
|Ease of Use||
Blogvault is an easy to set up and start with plugin and be easily installed in any website.
You might need to go through the documentation and guides to understand the working.
|Value For Money||
Blogvault provides incredible pricing plans and amazing coupons that offer great savings.
Updraft plus gives a real value for money with its alluring features and great support.
Stellar support with live chat and amazing documentation.
Updraft has a long arsenal of support and documentation.
|Check out||Check out|
In today’s online world, a business website is a prized possession for any corporation or business enterprise. You spend both your time and energy building a beautiful website on a CMS platform like WordPress that can grow your business. However, your site is vulnerable to the following risks.
The above risks can break your site or cause it to malfunction. When things go wrong, the first thing we think of is, “How do I restore my website to a normal state in a quick time?” This is where website backups are so crucial!
How do I execute a Website Backup and what do they offer?
Taking regular backups of your website data is a matter of a few simple steps if you are using the WordPress platform! There are multiple WordPress backup plugins available in the market that ensure your website data is safe and secure in good hands.
Easy to install and configure for your website, backup tools offer a range of features and benefits such as:
- Complete Backup of both website and database files so that you do not miss out on any website data.
- Reliable Restore of the backup data so that you can get your website running in quick time.
- Data Encryption to protect your backup data from hackers and cybercriminals.
- Automated Scheduled Backups using which you can configure automated backups at regular intervals.
- Incremental Backups that implement data backups in smaller and more manageable chunks so that they don’t overload your server resources.
- Offsite Backup Storage that stores your backup data in independent offsite locations, which are safer and easier to restore when required.
Now that we know some of the capabilities of WordPress backup tools, let’s compare two of the best backup tools available for WordPress-powered websites.
BlogVault or UpdraftPlus 2021: Detailed Comparison Between Two WordPress Plugins
Here is a feature-wise comparison of the BlogVault and the UpdraftPlus backup tool with a short introduction and pricing details.
Let’s start with BlogVault.
Used by over 400,000 WordPress active websites around the globe, BlogVault is a comprehensive backup and restore tool for WordPress websites.
This WordPress plugin tool is easy to install and configure for any novice WordPress user and does not need any advanced technical know-how to be executed for any website.
Also check our Blogvault Review which shares the detailed insight into this amazing plugin.
Quick Features of Blogvault:
- Incremental Backups that are executed on BlogVault’s own dedicated servers.
- Zero-Load Backup Process where the entire backup process is performed on BlogVault’s dedicated servers instead of the client web server.
- Can Be Used for Both Scheduled and On-Demand Backups (if you want to execute a backup immediately), along with real-time backups that are recommended for WooCommerce websites.
- Safe Offsite Storage features using which the tool stores the backup data in offsite storage locations like the BlogVault repository or cloud storage platforms like Amazon S3.
- Automatic Restores for faster restores of your data backups as compared to other tools. Easy to implement with its 1-click restore feature, BlogVault can restore websites with large volumes of data (as high as 330GB).
Finally, BlogVault also offers the “Test Restore” feature that allows you to test your backups on a safe testing environment before restoring the backup to your live website.
- Website Staging and Merging enables you to first test any website changes or updates (without impacting your live website) and then merge the changes with the live website data.
- Website Migration that allows a complete migration of your entire website (including your WordPress & non-WordPress files and database records) to a different web domain or URL. Other migration features include support for multisite migration and automatic URL rewrites so that you don’t end up with any broken links.
- Website management to manage your single (or multiple) WordPress websites from a single independent dashboard with tasks such as updating all your installed plugins/themes or implementing a malware scan on your website (using the MalCare security tool).
Coming to the pricing of this tool, BlogVault offers both free and paid plans to its users. You can start with the free plan (that offers limited features) and then upgrade to the paid plans that offer the features (discussed above) and is priced according to the number of websites for backups.
Blogvault Pricing Plans: Blogvault vs Updraft Plus Comparison
|Number of Websites||Basic plan (cost per month)||Plus plan (cost per month)||Advanced plan (cost per month)|
|Up to 5||$16.58||$29.9||$45.75|
|Up to 20||$49||$79||$149|
To back up more than 20 sites, you would need to contact them directly.
Blogvault Customer Reviews & Testimonials:
With over 2 million active installations, UpdraftPlus is clearly among the most popular backup tools for WordPress websites. The tool offers both easy and quick backups and restores both website and database files.
Main Features of UpdraftPlus:
- Incremental Backups that can be scheduled according to your backup needs
- Complete Backup feature that allows both automated and scheduled backups every 4, 8, or 12 hours (or can be customized according to your backup needs). Additional features include data encryption for backups and 1GB of free backup storage.
- Offsite storage facility that stores your data backups on UpdraftPlus Vault – a secure cloud storage location
- Compatible with multisite (or multi-network) WordPress installation.
- Support for more storage destinations, including Microsoft OneDrive, Google Cloud Storage, and Backblaze S2.
- UpdraftPlus Central for multiple website backups from the central location along with easy access to data backups on UpdraftPlus Vault. Other features include managing user permissions and 1-click updates for installed plugins/themes.
- UpdraftClone feature that creates a temporary clone of your live website for testing purposes. This process is executed on the UpdraftPlus cloud host server so as not to utilize your web server resources.
- UpdraftPlus Migrator feature for migrating your website to a different domain or URL address
UpdraftPlus Pricing: Blogvault vs UpdraftPlus
With regards to its pricing, UpdraftPlus offers both free and paid plans that are priced according to the number of required licenses.
|Number of licenses||2||10||35||Unlimited|
|Features||All features + 1 UpdraftClone token||All features + 2 UpdraftClone tokens||All features + 5 UpdraftClone token||All features + 10 UpdraftClone token|
Updraft Plus Customer Reviews:
FAQs On Blogvault vs Updraft Plus:
👉 Is UpdraftPlus Safe?
There were some issued with older version of UpdraftPlus but the latest version is amazing.
⚡ Is UpdraftPlus free?
Updraft has a free version as well as the premium version. The free version has amazing features and that becomes even more functional with the addition of premium features.
💼 What are other alternatives of Blogvault and UpdraftPlus?
Some best alternatives to Blogvault and UpdraftPlus are VaultPress, BackupBuddy, CodeGuard.
- Best Noise Cancellation Apps
- Krisp review
- Best Carflows Alternatives
- PluralSight Coupons & Discounts
- LeadPages Review
BlogVault vs UpdraftPlus Comparison Verdict: Blogvaul is the Ultimate Winner
With a wide range of user-friendly features available in both BlogVault and UpdraftPlus backup plugins, it’s not easy to select the right tool for your WordPress websites. Due to its advanced backup technology and competitive pricing, we would recommend BlogVault is an all-in-one backup solution for your website.
Ultimately, you are the final authority on deciding which tool works best for your business website. However, we hope this comparison article has provided you with all the necessary information for making the right decision. All the best!
Let us know which backup tool came to your website rescue in the comments below!